Bug ID: 392949
Summary: Color Picker returns wrong color for certain colors
Platform: MS Windows
OS: MS Windows
Target Milestone: ---
Created attachment 111931
Video showing the problem for various colors
Using Krita 4.0.0 x64 Portable on Windows 7 x64
As the summary says, the color picker returns the wrong color when picking
certains colors. This affects both the color picker tool and the color picker
gotten with CTRL+LMB.
The color selector sometimes also displays the wrong color as even another
The result will also differ depending on the brush used. Sometimes another
color will at random mix in.
Theoretical method to reproduce:
1) Draw on layer with any tool. Try a variety of colors.
2) Pick some of the colors and try drawing with them. Some if not most should
3) Also check the sliders and color selectors to see if the color indicated
match up with either the color picked or the color that came out when you draw
4) If the color selector and/or the color sliders display the wrong color, try
nudging any value. They should 'pop' from that wrong color into a slight
variation of the picked wrong color.
5) Choose a different brush. The color will likely break right away, in my case
most often be full alpha.
6) Change the color in the selector and try the brush. Then pick another color.
7) The color returned might be wrong, but not necessarily the same wrong color
as with the previous brush.
8) Depending on the type of brush and color, other colors or transparency might
randomly mix in.
I tried to illustrate the whole issue and reproduction process in the attached
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.