--- Comment #5 from ocumo <kxk-ocumoatbugs...@lugosys.com> ---
Krita 4.0.1 release does not change the situation (nor did it claim it, of
course). All previous tests produce same results.
After many tests, however, I think I can describe the problem in a better way
I can now confirm, that there is a clear pattern: all points to the Touch
1. Crashes are always related with touching the canvas with bare finger(s).
Either with documents created in krita 4 itself or krita 3.3.3 and even in the
simplest document with default image color spaces, with only two or three brush
strokes (any brush). Documents size is always the same: 2000px by 2500px and
2. For these crashes to happen, at least one condition is needed: The Wacom
Cintiq 27QHD touch Finger touch Gesture parameter (from xsetwacom) is set to
3. If the The Wacom Cintiq 27QHD touch Finger touch Gesture parameter is set to
on (with xsetwacom, as explained before), I cannot reproduce the crashes as
described previously. However: touching even barely with __any part of the
hand__ on the canvas, will create a paint stroke, *regardless* of what the
setting of the "Enable touch painting" setting is. This makes it impossible to
work with krita 4 with a Wacom Cintiq 27QHD in (KX)ubuntu 16.04.
4. If the touch gesture parameter is set to off (xsetwacom), touching the
canvas with bare fingers will end up in a crash, some times after a couple of
minutes of working, but frequently (if not always) immediately if the first
touch on the canvas is made with a bare finger instead of with the Stylus.
5. With the exact same system and conditions, Krita 3.3.3 works normally with
the Wacom Cintiq 27QHD touch display, with the only exception that the "Enable
touch painting" setting does not do anything at all, in both Krita 4.0.0/1 and
Krita 3.3.3., which forces the user to issue:
xsetwacom --set 'Wacom Cintiq 27QHD touch Finger touch' gesture off
...to be able to work, to have access to gestures (this is counter intuitive!)
and not create strokes with every skin contact on the canvas.
These questions remain:
- Why is it that the "Enable touch painting" doesn't seem to to anything at
all, forcing a workaround that seems to enable the crazy crashes in Krita 4 but
not in Krita 3.3.3 ?
- Why turning gesture OFF with xsetwacom is the only way to *enable* gestures?
Shouldn't it be the opposite?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.