Bug ID: 416226
Summary: Logging in/out and restarting with external monitor as
primary makes whole desktop act as secondary screen
instead of primary
Platform: Archlinux Packages
Component: Desktop Containment
Target Milestone: 1.0
Created attachment 125105
Screenshot of desktop after login/logout
Logging in and out and restarting on dual display (with external display as
primary) makes whole desktop act as secondary screen instead of primary (screen
with default blue background without taskbar/panel).
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Have both Laptop Screen and External Display connected
2. Disable laptop screen and set external display as primary display output
3. Change wallpaper and/or add a widget somewhere
3. Logout and login again (or restart)
- Desktop wallpaper is reset KDE Plasma default (Blue)
- Bottom panel is no longer available
- I can still add widgets etc.
- Manually restarting plasma in konsole (launched through alt+f1) using
`kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell` returns desktop to normal
- I should see the same wallpaper/widgets/desktop as I had before restart
Linux/KDE Plasma: 5.4.11-arch1-1
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.66.0
Qt Version: 5.14.0
Logs from `journalctl --user --boot=0` show the message
`kscreen_backend_launcher: kscreen.xrandr: RRSetOutputPrimary New
primary: 68` a second after `plasmashell` messages start to appear.
My assumption is that kscreen launches too late and plasmashell detects both my
screen (with the laptop screen set as primary) as it starts up.
Note that I'm running on an SSD which could be a factor why plasmashell
launches faster than kscreen.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.