Bug ID: 419216
Summary: KDE: Screen saver fails to lock screen while display
is switched to a different virtual terminal
Target Milestone: ---
On several freshly installed systems with KDE, the screen saver won't lock the
screen while a different virtual terminal is active.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Configure the screen saver to 1 minute and require the password after
additional 5 seconds.
2. While the screen saver in not active, activate a different virtual terminal
(e.g. by pressing CTL-ALT-F2)
3. Wait for more than 70 seconds.
4. Switch back to the desktop
when switching back, all the open applications (possibly
showing confidential data!) are visible for about one second. Only then the
screen starts to dim. And due to the setting of 5 seconds for password
one can stop the screen saver just by typing some key or moving the mouse.
Screen saver is active and only the password screen is visible.
I can see the Problem with opensuse-Leap-15.1 as well as with ubuntu-18.04
(when kubuntu-desktop is installed).
Result of mailing list discussion so far:
- Problem can be reproduced by other people
- Problem does appear with sddm, lightdm and kdm
- Problem does not seem to appear with gdm and xfce
Mailing list thread: https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2020-03/msg00267.html
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.