Bug ID: 419227
Summary: Can't resize windows run over NX (X2Go)
Target Milestone: ---
It's not possible to drag-resize windows from most applications run over NX
<https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs>, the X11 protocol compression suite
used by remote-access tools like X2Go. The problem seems to be specific to
kwin; when using a different window manager there is no problem resizing
windows. Resizing windows by maximizing or restoring them still works.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Use nxagent to launch a nested X Server on the local machine:
$ nxagent -ac :55 -R &
2. Launch an application on the display specified in the previous step:
$ DISPLAY=:55 konsole &
3. Place the mouse pointer over one of the edges of the application window and
4. The window edge expands by a few pixels and then stops.
4. The window edge should expand as far as the mouse pointer is dragged.
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.14.1
nx-libs version: 18.104.22.168
* The problem occurs with kwin but not with twin (Trinity's fork of kwin) or
* The problem does not occur with every application. I can verify that it is
reproducible with Thunderbird, Konsole, xfce4-terminal, and Claws Mail, but not
with xterm, xcalc, and glxgears.
* The issue has also been reported on the nx-libs issue tracker:
* Perhaps this issue is somehow related to Bug 83805, which I filed here about
16 years ago?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.