Bug ID: 421929
Summary: Launching independent KCMs now acts over existing
Target Milestone: ---
This is a recent master build.
It seems that you can't start a KCM outside of SystemSettings anymore, without
your existing instance of SystemSettings getting changed. Notably if you try to
right click "Configure Network Connections" off the NetworkManager plasmoid, if
you are working in another KCM in SystemSettings
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. In systemsettings, open up a KCM, like "Application Style"
2. Make an un-applied settings change, like clicking on a theme without
3. Go to the NetworkManager icon, right click "Configure Network Connections"
4. Observe that instead of starting a new instance, the current instance gets
taken over. Sometimes
5. Also, If you hit "Cancel" when it prompts you to save changes, it changes
This must be the change to give a full instance of SystemSettings when you
launch an independent KCM. Personally though I think it might be better to
start a second instance, rather than have it unexpectedly interrupt another
instance of systemsettings5.
Linux/KDE Plasma: Debian
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 20.07.70
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.71.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.