Bug ID: 368838
Summary: plasmashell keeps eating ram, but never release it.
Platform: Archlinux Packages
CC: bhus...@gmail.com, plasma-b...@kde.org
On an always on system, my plasmashell memory usage grows and grows.
Last time i checked before restarting it, it was eating almost 900MB of ram.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. measure the memory usage of plasmashell just after startup
2. use it (open apps, display notifications, move widgets, show menu, clock,
3. leave it as it was in the fresh state (close apps, close notifications
restore panel position etc)
3. measure the memory usage again
4. leave it alone for some time (30 minutes?)
5. check the ram usage again
The ram usage increased a lot.
The ram usage to be almost back to the startup state.
I attached pmap,ksysguard and /proc/$(pidof plasmashell)/status before and
Where usage has been:
Show the 'kickoff menu' and walk through applications
hover the mouse on the taskbar items
right click on the desktop to show his configuration window
right click on the desktop to show the activities window
move a desktop widget
resize a desktop widget to the entire screen size
click on the panel configuration icon
show the available widgets
Revert all of the changes so that apparently it is a newly started session
Before all the described operations, Resident+shared mem was little less than
After, it reached more than 630MB (!)
...and it stays that way (or still grows) till a restart.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.