Bug ID: 369119
Summary: Inconsistent Instant Preview Mode user
Version: git master
Platform: Compiled Sources
OS: OS X
Component: Brush engine
The Instant Preview Mode (IP) is disabled when selecting a Filter brush with
Gaussian effect (for example). The check box in the panel goes dark with
strike-thru text. Thereafter, selecting another brush does not necessarily
reset the mode. It stays disabled for all brushes. Only tickling a parameter,
like Size or Ratio in the Pixel brush for instance, resets, it. Not all
parameters do this though.
Also, assuming the IP Mode menu item should always reflect the Brush engine
panel setting (and vice-versa), it doesn’t. The menu item stays checked even
though the brush engine settings say its off.
Finally, with IP Mode OFF (via menu), shouldn’t it be disabled for all brushes?
No matter what brush setting is changed?
NOTE: My understanding of how IP mode works may be twisted. Please advise if
that's the case, but I didn't find the current workflow intuitive.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Just to be safe, cleared all of my krita settings
2. Open krita with a new document
3. Set Instant Preview (IP) Mode On (via menu)
3. Click the toolbar Brush Settings icon - IP is, by default, checked.
4. Cycle through some other brush engines to verify that IP is enabled/checked
5. Select Filter and IP is disabled (goes dark after a split second)
6. All other brush settings now have IP disabled
7. Select another brush and IP is re-enabled ONLY after selecting the right
parameter (for Pixel, Size or Ratio does thr trick)
1. When switching to a non Filter brush, IP mode should be (re)enabled if its
2. The IP Mode menu setting should always reflect the current brush engine
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.