https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=475683

            Bug ID: 475683
           Summary: Feature request: Login should not activate timeout if
                    password is empty
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: plasmashell
           Version: 5.27.8
          Platform: Other
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: Lock/logout
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: 1.0

SUMMARY
When I type my password incorrectly, there is a short delay (a few seconds)
before I can try again. This makes sense for security. But when I accidentally
press enter without entering a password, i.e. the password field is empty, the
timeout still activates. My request is that the timeout not activate when the
password is empty.

This feature is present in Windows, and the lack of it is a bit annoying on
KDE. 

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Log out
2. press enter without typing anything into the password field
3. 

OBSERVED RESULT
I cannot enter the password for a few seconds

EXPECTED RESULT
I can try again immediately. The message is not "incorrect password" or
whatever, but something like "please enter your password" (the different
message is optional)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to