--- Comment #5 from Xavion <xavio...@gmail.com> ---
Sebastian: I'm not sure whether you're talking to Herb or myself (or both). I
currently can't reproduce this issue at my end (on KScreen v5.8.1).
For the record, the "QT_PLUGIN_PATH" environment variable is not set here. I
guess this means the KScreen backend is being found in the default location (so
no changes are necessary).
Nonetheless, remember that I was only seeing the "No KScreen backend found"
error message *half* the time. I was definitely not fiddling around with
environment variables in-between attempts (e.g. just for kicks). This leads me
to believe that the cause of the problem lay elsewhere.
One thing I will note now is that the settings are blank - i.e. the dialog
looks like that of the second screenshot (albeit minus the error message) -
whenever I launch KScreen via 'sudo' (or 'su') these days. So, I will provide
the output you've requested in this (i.e. 'su') case. Note that the
"QT_PLUGIN_PATH" environment variable is still not set.
xavion@Desktop /h/xavion> kscreen-doctor --info
* KSCREEN_BACKEND : [not set]
* KSCREEN_BACKEND_INPROCESS : [not set]
* KSCREEN_LOGGING : [not set]
Logging to : /root/.local/share/kscreen/kscreen.log
Preferred KScreen backend : KSC_XRandR.so
Available KScreen backends:
* KSC_Fake.so: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kscreen/KSC_Fake.so
* KSC_KWayland.so: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kscreen/KSC_KWayland.so
* KSC_QScreen.so: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kscreen/KSC_QScreen.so
* KSC_XRandR.so: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kscreen/KSC_XRandR.so
* KSC_XRandR11.so: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kscreen/KSC_XRandR11.so
xavion@Desktop /h/xavion> kscreen-doctor --outputs
(No output - it just hangs indefinitely and I have to hit "Ctrl+C" to quit each
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.