Bug ID: 371069
Summary: CSV plugin mishandles UTF-16 files
Platform: Mint (Ubuntu based)
My credit card company has revised their web site, and the statement importing
procedure and format has changed.
The KMM CSV importer is not happy with this new format. All characters have an
interspersed null character (I think, probably 00). Each line is followed by an
additional line containing the same odd character. So, the import is
If I import via Libre Office Calc, all is correct. It is shown as UTF-16. If
I load via Kate, this too looks wrong, unless I change the encoding from UTF-8
to UTF-16. In the CSV importer, however, changing the encoding from UTF-8 to
UTF-16 makes no apparent difference and the original incorrect result still
Reloading an earlier file is as normal.
So, it appears that the import encoding has changed and the CSV plugin does not
handle it correctly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Import a CSV file encoded in UTF-16.
2. The file will show the incorrect format.
The UTF-16 should be handled correctly.
There may be more to this, however. When I tried to create a file in UTF-16,
it could be imported correctly. So, to be able to demonstrate the problem, I
have used a file from my credit card company, deleted everything except the
first line and then added a new first line of "12-10-2016,Description,1234.56"
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.