On 15.09.2014 14:58, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
Where we don't use many of our own products, though, is on the infrastructure
side.

That's not actually true, btw:

- identity.kde.org is us
- ballot (the e.v. voting software) is us
- commits.kde.org is us
- our commit hooks are us
- ditto the anongit mirroring system
- our forums are heavily customized
- wikis too
- ...

We actually do a lot of our own infra.

Imagine we would not have to look up a KDE contributor's email address from an
email they sent to a mailing list if we want to contact them, but instead just
go to our central address book and type in their name. Or instead of relying
on Doodle to coordinate meetings, we could send out invitations via our own
Kolab system!

Making the identity.kde.org LDAP available for that in some
fashion has been discussed in the past, yeah.

Best,
Thomas

Cheers,
Eike