Le 30/12/2014 19:55, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
El Dimarts, 30 de desembre de 2014, a les 19:29:47, Bruno Coudoin va escriure:
Le 30/12/2014 18:49, Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
El Dilluns, 22 de desembre de 2014, a les 21:00:25, Mario Fux va escriure:
Good morning dear KDE people

After KDE's first fundraiser (crowdfunding attempt) in 2012 [1] we had
(or
it's still ongoing) six more this year:
- For the Randa Meetings 2014 [2]
- For Krita: open source digital painting | Accelerate Development [3]
- For Tupi: 2D Animation Software for Everyone! [4]
- Make the World a Better Place! - KDE End of Year 2014 Fundraising [5]
- New Unified Graphics for GCompris [6]
- Kommander [8]

Money is not an easy topic
but avoiding it doesn't solve the problems. And if people don't know
about
certain things like that they should coordinate with KDE e.V. in the case
of money they won't. So it's on us to tell the community and tell new
members of the community.
This is an interesting topic too and i wanted to bring it up for some
time.

I'd say the type of fundraiser can be split into two types:
   * KDE generic
- For the Randa Meetings 2014
    - Make the World a Better Place! - KDE End of Year 2014 Fundraising
* Project specific - For Krita: open source digital painting | Accelerate Development [3]
    - For Tupi: 2D Animation Software for Everyone! [4]
    - Make the World a Better Place! - KDE End of Year 2014 Fundraising [5]
    - New Unified Graphics for GCompris [6]
    - Kommander [8]

I'm all for specific projects doing fundraisers for their own things
(though as said in the previous email i'd like some more coordination
happening), don't think i'm not.

But,

Sometimes that projects that have had project specific fundraisers request
funds from the KDE eV to run a sprint.

KDE eV funds are not unlimited, so for me sometimes it seems that those
projects are being a bit unfair to the rest by running their own
fundraisers and then also asking for money from the common pot.

What would people think if for those projects that have run "big"
fundraisers (we don't want to put off people that did a 100€ fundraiser)
the KDE eV would only sponsor part of a sprint and the rest of the money
should come from the money they raised independently?
Hi,

My feeling is that projects begging for money one way or another are
either the most active or have a good plan for it.

The rule you propose would 'punish' at KDE eV level these projects which
may be the best candidate for the requested fund.

What concerns me is that some projects by their nature may be easier to
fund independently.
You're saying they are easier to fund independently, but they should still
have access to the common pot? Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me to be
honest.

It is counter-intuitive by the way you tell it.

Now if you say that at the KDE eV level it is just about helping the projects based on the value of the money request they make, it because less confusing.

Bruno.