Am 2017-07-29 13:28, schrieb Ben Cooksley:
Hi all,

Last year sysadmin was given access to the system which hosts the SVN
Commitfilter (which lived at commitfilter.kde.org) and the predecessor
to the OCS network of sites (now store.kde.org).

Earlier this year we started having some issues with that system
courtesy of some bots. As a consequence of this the web server
component of the machine was disabled then to limit issues it was
causing for the hoster.

Due to the age of the system and the limited use of the two services
hosted on the system (with SVN Commitfilter having very limited
application since our migration to Git) we've determined that the best
course of action is to archive both services and shutdown the machine.

I've checked and it appears that only a small handful of applications
still use newstuff.kde.org:
- KBlocks
- KDiamond
- KGoldRunner
- Kigo
- KSirk
- KSnakeDuel
- KSysguard

These applications should all be ported to use store.kde.org.

Does that mean all those applications our users use will have GHNS broken? New software does not magically get installed on users systems.

Could you please clarify what this will mean e.g. for users of KWin 4.11? Will GHNS still work or will it be broken due to the service being shut down.

Cheers
Martin