On Thursday 10 August 2017 10:45:14 Harald Sitter wrote:
> Seems to me y'all aren't appreciating that I am telling you my point
> of view. I have created some 20 repos on github last year and 0
> scratch repos on our infrastructure. I thought you might want to know
> why. Feel free to find my reasons silly, that doesn't change them
> though.

So, since this is the thread for requirements-collecting on github,
phabricator, KDE git infrastructure, we have some data points:

 - KDE scratch repo's are not widely known within the KDE community.
 - KDE scratch repo's take more effort to create, and for scratchj / throwaway
repo's, every bit of extra effort is one.

I suppose if I had a browser window open, and logged in to KDE phab and github
at the same time, and the one tab gives me instant gratification (and a scratch
repo) while the other gives me gratification four clicks and a few minutes
away, then the one it is.

Buut .. that presupposes that people create scratch repo's wherever is
convenient, not wherever they make sense. So the initial question that kicked
off this thread, (I can't spot who asked it though)

presupposes that those scratch repo's could be created and hosted within KDE
infrastructure (I personally would only create scratch repo's on KDE
infrastructure for things that have something to do with KDE and can fall
within the KDE manifesto).

Perhaps we should ask sitter what kinds of scratch repo's those were, and
whether he would have created them on KDE infra, if there was a similarly
simple one-click way to create scratch repo's.

[ade]