Hello folks, I know that some of you are just beginning to mentor your
Season of KDE students. However, Google has made the prep phase for GSoC
even earlier this year, so it is time to start NOW.

For more information: https://g.co/gsoc/faq
More: http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsoc-mentoring/about-this-manual/ and
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor

I would strongly suggest talking with your team and finding out who can
mentor this year, and what your team would like to propose for the Ideas
page. The sooner we get our ducks in a row, the better. *The strength of
our Ideas page is the most important part of our organization application.*

If you will be mentoring GSoC this year, please ensure that you are
subscribed to KDE-Soc-Mentor list. You'll need to ping one of us admins if
you aren't soon accepted. We don't allow any students on that list, and
sometimes can't tell who is who. I can't stress strongly enough -- every
mentor must be subscribed. You will be invited to the GSoC app after (if!)
we are accepted. Once again this year we'd like two mentors per student.

People interested in helping to administer this year should join
#kde-soc-admin (IRC or matrix-only) and the KDE-Soc-Management ml after
discussing how you can contribute with the present admins.

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez