On 03/19/2018 08:33 AM, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
So in first instance, I'll be aiming for an up-to-date (-ish) Plasma desktop with dev tools installed ready to work on KMyMoney and Okular (an arbitrary selection).

I got my invitation to the Janitor Alpha yesterday. Had a look around. It's definitely an interesting idea. I successfully compiled and installed Okular in my container (albeit without Breeze icons; it's a work in progress).

I could see the appeal for people who just want to hack on something to see how it works. It's a nice sandbox environment. It's definitely an easy way to give someone their first taste of exploring KDE source code and compiling one of the applications. And it's almost certainly tidier than my virtual machine instance currently named "Neon Dev Ultra Unstable".

It's an alpha-within-an-alpha, but there might be something here worth pursuing. Plenty of work still ahead, but good job to Adriaan and Raphael for getting it updated and workable.

-Scott _sharvey_

ps: we can also use the VNC connection option to demonstrate lynx, something I bet most new contributors can't even wrap their minds around.