On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Marta Rybczynska
<marta.rybczyn...@kde.org> wrote:
> Valorie,
> Thank you very much for the work and for the report.
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> * Case: death of Marko Käning, former KDE devel
>> Outcome: Sysadmin disabled the account
>

> I find this outcome very disturbing. My proposal is (seconding Valorie's
> comment during the raport)
> to formally estabilish a procedure: in case of death or serious medical
> conditions of a contributor
> or a former contributor, if the community learns about the fact, the Board
> sends a card to the person
> or their family. The card may be replaced by other means if more
> appropriate.
>
> Regards,
> Marta

I too found it rather cold and unfeeling, which is not like us. In the
past, we have sometimes named a release after the person, and given a
bit of a tribute to them in the release document if this is OK with
the family. I remember this with Clare Lotion, for instance.

Somehow Marko's death went un-noticed which is sad, and why I made
mention of it.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez