On 6/29/19 4:04 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for setting this up!
I've recently had the opportunity to experience Discourse in action in
another community, and found it to fulfill most of the things we found
lacking in both of our current forum and mailing list software (which
makes sense given that they're both age-old and haven't seen much - if
any - exciting feature development in years).
So I (personally, not speaking for the board) would really like us to
test it out and see if we can replace first our forum and hopefully some
day Mailman with Discourse.
Thanks,
Thomas

+1, I'm also quite in favor of this. Having used it in other communities, I find that it works well as a sort of half-forum-half-mailing-list tool that can succeed in replacing both.

Nate