On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 9:40 PM Ben Cooksley <bcooks...@kde.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 5:19 AM Carl Schwan <c...@carlschwan.eu> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi Carl,
>

> > Can the gitlab api be of useful in the future?
> >
> > e.g https://invent.kde.org/api/v4/groups/7
>
> While for many purposes Gitlab's API wil be perfectly fine, it doesn't
> provide us with the i18n branch information which some users will
> require.

Something to perhaps consider at this point is to revise the
repo-metadata format in general and offload data to gitlab?

Notably I'd kick the following yaml properties in favor of their
literal replacements in gitlab: description, icon, members, name. On a
related note I guess there'd be need to figure out how to map from a
"kde project" to a gitlab project. Currently the paths between
repo-metadata and invent do not line up.

Additionally we may able able to remove:

- hasrepo (repopath==null implies this)
- repoactive (totally not sure what this communicates)

And lastly, fold the i18n data into the yaml. Which I think means we
could drop the excessive use of directories and just have one file per
project, e.g. projects/kde/workspace/sddm-kcm.yaml or perhaps even
more ideally projects/sddm-kcm.yaml (because the current dir structure
duplicates information encoded in repopath; so I would think either we
should drop the property or flatten projects/).

HS