Am 04.01.2012, 18:51 Uhr, schrieb Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org>:

I don't really see any point in doing that, nothing can be shared between them and the existing ktouchpadenabler so instead of one simple codebase (166 lines with 20 of headers) you end up adding more complexity to existing programs (probably integrating the code in the existing programs would be more than 166
lines).

I guess what Christoph meant was to avoid having another XSelect daemon.
I've not seen the code (and deleted the original mail in case it's linked there - winkwink) but my approach would be to have a tool to be invoked when "something" happens, rather than adding yet another keyboard event listening daemon bound to a very specific event.

Actually I've a setup a udev rule to simply "fix" things whenever I un/plug a mouse (not sure what or where that particular key is)

Cheers,
Thomas