On 04/19/2012 11:27 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
Hi, can anyone who knows about styles/KColorScheme comment on this?

Thanks,

Stephen Kelly wrote:
Kevin Ottens wrote:
On Wednesday 11 April 2012 23:34:18 Stephen Kelly wrote:
[...]
At the center of the questions of what to do with KUrlLabel and
KCapacityBar are the question of what to do about their KColorScheme
dependency. Their use of KColorScheme seems to me like something that
should be handled by the style instead (otherwise, for example,
QProgressBar wouldn't look consistent with a KCapacityBar with its
backgrounds and fill etc). Oxygen may already even handle a KCapacityBar
(I'm not certain):
yes. Oxygen does overwrite the default rendering for kcapacitybar.
kde-workspace/kstyles/oxygen{master}$ git grep CapacityBar
oxygenstyle.cpp:        CE_CapacityBar( newControlElement(
"CE_CapacityBar" ) )
oxygenstyle.cpp:        if( element == CE_CapacityBar )
oxygenstyle.cpp:            fcn =&Style::drawCapacityBarControl;
oxygenstyle.cpp:    bool Style::drawCapacityBarControl( const
QStyleOption* option, QPainter* painter, const QWidget* widget ) const
oxygenstyle.h:        virtual bool drawCapacityBarControl( const
QStyleOption*, QPainter*, const QWidget* ) const;
oxygenstyle.h:        QStyle::ControlElement CE_CapacityBar;

KColorScheme is very different from QPalette. It seems to have 4
dimensions that QPalette doesn't have. I'm all for configuration, but I
think it should have an affect in the style, not in the widgets
themselves. Any thoughts?

Would it be possible to remove the use of KColorScheme from these
widgets in general?
In my oppinion, yes.

Oxygen does use kcolorscheme extensively (that's actually one of the reason why it can't easily be isolated as a Qt only widget style) I believe it's ok if "default" rendering of custom kdeui widgets uses Qt only (QPalette, QStyle) One can always overwrite the default rendering to benefit from whatever KDE features you want.

I'm unfortunately completely ignorant regarding KColorScheme... I agree
it should probably not leak into our widgets and be used by the styles
only though.
Hugo, any ideas/comment on this? The background is here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.frameworks/473/focus=485

Thanks,