On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 20:32:49 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Someone from plasma?

summary: no hard requirement to jump to Qt 4.8 from plasma at this time ...

Qt 4.8 brings a number of speed improvements and general goodness which
certainly helps the various Plasma workspaces, but i do not believe we have
any hard requirements on it at this time ... so i'd love to see people using
Qt 4.8, but we can keep a minimum 4.8 requirement for the time being.

my only concern is that our team works with Qt 4.8 right now, most of our
users will likely get Qt 4.8 with SC 4.9 packages and so our code will be well
tested with Qt 4.8 and Qt 4.7 will not be as well tested. i don't think there
is much we can do about that though, unless a magic QA fairy passes by
dropping testers. :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo