> The minor version upgrade process all throughout the KDE/Plasma 4 releases
> started off as a fairly steady source of minor nits and irritants for users.
>
> The Nepomuk controls themselves are already fairly well-known so it's even
> more important IMO that if they are deprecated that they don't simply
> disappear completely the first time a new KDE 4.11 user logs in.

That is true, I do hope though to increase the awareness of what Nepomuk does
in the background by exposing not just the fileindexer but also especially
the workload the pim indexer is doing. While the look and feel of the systray
will be completely different it is mostly an improvement of the currently rather
hidden dialog that comes up.

One detail though is missing, the old systray was able give a number of
indexer file resources. This number is missing from my QML approach.

Not sure how important this number is, as it isn't really a good measure or
even a measure at all how big the Nepomuk database is at all.

> Likewise it would be a good idea to ensure our Release Notes for 4.11 (if any
> are started) reflect the migration so that our packagers can ensure they
> change package dependencies if deemed appropriate.

I would write a blogpost about this, as soon as this goes into SC. IS there any
other action I need to do to ensure packagers are aware of the change?

The current nepomukcontroller is enabled in the systray (right click on the
systray->settings->enable additional entries) this step must be done
for the new nepomuk controller to allow a seamingless transition.

> Not trying to discourage, but just some things to think about.

Don't worry, exactly these kind of thoughts are why the review process exist.
I'd rather have overly worrying reviewers than being responsible for
an unpleasant
transition due to my change.

Kind Regards,
Joerg