On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Sebastian Kügler <se...@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 06:27:01 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> El Dimarts, 23 de desembre de 2014, a les 14:48:21, Sebastian Kügler va
>>
>> escriure:
>> >

>> > I'd add "frameworks" to that, it has a status very similar to "master" for
>> > many projects.
>>
>> Has it? As far as i understand frameworks is "just" a work branch that will
>> eventually merged into "master" when it's done.
>
> IMO, yes. It's a branch shared across many people and often being the base for
> yet another branch, so the annoyance of someone doing a force-push there would
> be quite high.

The abuse of such branch deletion powers to achieve a "force push"
would be considered a severe violation of the Code of Conduct as far
as i'm concerned.
That is regardless of whether the branch affected is a personal or
mainline branch.

> I'm in favor of only relaxing the permissions for "personal" branches (i.e.
> branches that you've created yourself (in Plasma, we're using
> username/branchname quite consistently, so just matching for "starts with
> $username" would work well enough for me).

It would be incredibly expensive to record who created a branch to
implement such an ACL.
While personal branches are supported, the scheme you use at the
moment isn't unfortunately.

See http://gitolite.com/gitolite/gitolite.html#pers for more information.

> Cheers,
> --