On Monday, 26 January 2015 18:11:34 CEST, Thomas Lübking wrote:
Eg. I can very well see that somebody concerned w/ i18n would like to lookup code via cgit (or similar - no flames here, please ;-), download a single file, fix a so far untranslated string, "diff -pru" it with the original and simply upload the patch w/o even compiling the entire software himself.

It will be even easier -- the upcoming Gerrit 2.11 contains an online editor, so the workflow will be "open file, edit it, push a button for making a change request".

The current demo setup would only require to add one of the -existing- webfrontends. I assume that it was simply not done (for the demo setup) because committing to :refs/for is just much more efficient for regular contributors to a project (like rbtools, but minus the extra CLI to learn/remember) than clicking through RB or similar.

Yes, it never occured to me that patch upload is so important for people. Now that it has been made clear, the proposal says that a way for uploading patches will be preserved. See the PDF attached to the "Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure" thread for details.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/