On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Alexander Potashev
<aspotas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,

Hi Alexander,

> Please find my questions below.

>> The XML file upon which numerous utilities (including kdesrc-build)
>> depend will continue to be made available. It will instead be
>> generated by a Python script periodically, based on the contents of a
>> Git repository.
>
> How do we change i18n branches in this XML file after disabling
> projects.kde.org?

This will be done by changing the configuration files contained within
said Git repositories and pushing to it :)
More details on what will be needed will follow once it's all finalised.

>> I should also note that as a side affect of the Phabricator
>> transition, scratch/clone repositories will to a certain extent cease
>> to exist - everything will now be a mainline repository. As a
>
> Do I get it right that it will be impossible to create a scratch
> repository for a 30-minute task or for a proof-of-concept application
> without asking the "majors"?

Quoting a later part of this paragraph:

> We will be creating a mechanism which will allow repositories following
> certain naming conventions to be easily created by developers

So you will not need to.
Only repositories which don't match that naming convention will need a
Community Admin / Sysadmin to create the repository.

That naming convention will effectively replace the existing
scratch/clones concept, and will also serve as a replacement to
playground.
(Having your developer username in the name of the repository won't be
required, to avoid confusion)

> I think it's totally fine because there are many other Git hostings
> where you can do quick-and-dirty development from scratch. And you can
> move your repo to git.kde.org as soon as it matures. The main pros of
> this approach would be a cleaner quickgit.kde.org page and of course
> saving of disk space on servers.
>
> --
> Alexander Potashev

Regards,