On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:05:25 PM CEST Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Hi,
> one major issue is that QtWebEngine does not work on Wayland at this time,
> at least not if it is built with desktop OpenGL. See:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55384
> This affects kdepim applications (at least KMail) and also some Qt
> applications developed outside of KDE infrastructure (QupZilla, the
> Calamares webview module, etc.).

at least kmail is adjusted to force the xcb platform plugin. All other
applications which use QWebEngine should do the same:

qputenv("QT_QPA_PLATFORM", "xcb");
QGuiApplication app(argc, argv);

It's unfortunate that this happens - the only defense I have for it is that no
browser currently works on Wayland ootb.