On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 20:10:46 CET Carl Schwan wrote:
> > > -   on the topic of licensing: since the code base is really close to
> > > complete reuse coverage it might be nice to push it over the finishing
> > > line and then `reuse lint` it to not have it fall behind again
>
> This will be a bit tricky since the remaining files were not written by any
> current contributors. I could try to contact the old contributors.

You don't need to contact them, you need to know what the license on the file
is, and who contributed to it. Presumably you know the license (that was made
clear to all contributors early in the lifetime of the project, I should hope)
and git log will tell you who that was. Then you need one line

SPDX-License-Identifier:

for the file, and per contributor

SPDX-FileCopyrightText: Person Name <person.em...@example.com>

(On that last one, some folk insist on "(C)" or "Copyright" after the :, and
perhaps a year as well; the jury is still out on that).

[ade]