On vendredi 21 janvier 2011 21:20:58 Daniel E. Moctezuma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was trying to compile Kiten and I got the following error with CMake:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (check_include_files):
>   Unknown CMake command "check_include_files".
>
> So instead of doing INCLUDE(CheckIncludeFiles) y did FIND_PACKAGE( KDE4
> REQUIRED ), as this is a KDE4 application I thought that would be better
> and indeed I didn't had any other error.
>

> My question is: What is the difference between doing:
>
> FIND_PACKAGE( KDE4 REQUIRED )
> INCLUDE( KDE4Defaults )
>
> and
>
> FIND_PACKAGE( KDE4 REQUIRED )
>  ?
Hi,

To build Kiten from kdeedu svn module you need to issue cmake on top of kdeedu
and then cd in kiten dir and build it with make and make install.
You can amend your CMakeLists locally to allow to build only Kiten locally but
in svn we work with modules (kdelibs, kdebase, kdeedu,...) and cmake is to be
issued on top of these.
This will change with git but while it's easy with Kiten which has no
dependencies such as libkdeeedu it's not so easy for other applications which
use kdeedu libs.

Your patch on reviewboard is therefore not relevant.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie

PS: A general remark, not aimed at you but which is at my concern: the "build
one app independently" way as we'll have it in git is fine but we need not to
forget to share resources and not reinvent the wheel for every program.