On Tuesday, 2014-04-29, 19:32:04, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimarts, 29 d'abril de 2014, a les 18:13:20, Mario Fux va escriure:

> > But this email is mostly about if we should stop KDE applications releases
> > with 4.14 (stop feature development I mean) and make a LTS release out if
> > it (likewise to the KDE Workspaces/Plasma did with 4.11.x till August
> > 2015) or if we want more feature development in the KDE Applications with
> > Qt4 and KDE Platform 4 and thus target a 4.15 release.
>
> I honestly don't think you can decouple the discussion of KF5 versions of
> apps and its release schedule from the question of what is going to happen
> with 4.x releases.
>
> If you tell me that the first "KDE Applications based in KF5" is going to be
> in two years because people don't have time to port, i obviously want 4.15,
> 4.16 and more, if you tell me it's going to be in a year, i have different
> opinion.
>
> Anyway I still think we should mix&match as I proposed in the other email.

I agree.
If the proposal is to discontinue traditional SC released
(platform+workspaces+applications) in favor of a form of "Applications SC"
(just applications, no platform or workspaces), then it really doesn't matter
which external dependencies each application is targetting.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring