On Dienstag, 15. November 2016 18:00:34 CET Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matth...@opengis.ch> wrote:
>
> I would like to see how much pyqt increases the size of the (not yet
> optimized) runtime. I agree it can be interesting, but I'm not sure by
> how much.
> Also the fact that there's so many approaches for python Qt bindings
> doesn't make things much simpler, and that's python alone. Does that
> mean we want to have all languages in there? I'll be happy to work
> with anyone who wants to get PyQt in their application, if we see that
> we're getting so much projects that need PyQt that it makes sense,
> then by all means it should go in.
>
> Having different run-times for applications that use KDE Frameworks
> and applications that don't feels like shooting ourselves in the foot,
> at this moment. Note that in Flatpak runtimes don't extend each other,
> they duplicate, AFAIK.

If I understand http://flatpak.org/developer.html correctly:
- optional/add-on parts can be referenced using Extensions
- you may use several extensions from application and/or runtime

Also runtimes seem to stack, see e.g.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-sdk-images/tree/org.gnome.Sdk.json.in

As far as I understand the OSTree repository format, even distinct runtimes
which have overlapping content will not duplicate storage or download
requirements, as OSTree is a content-addressed storage, although I may be
wrong here.

Kind regards,

Stefan