Hi!

Getting the stuff I do for baloo reviewed takes a lot of time and poking others. That is considerably slowing me down.

I'm seriously thinking of becoming the maintainer for baloo (and maybe baloowidgets). Then it would be easier for me to commit those patches I consider as harmless e.g unit tests. Unless somebody else jumped in I intended to maintain baloo eventually anyway. I would do it now(!) mainly for practical reasons. Due to my lack of experience with c++, the KDE way of using it and the KDE infrastructure in general I'm somewhat reluctant. Questions arise:

 * What exactly does it mean to be the maintainer of a project and what
   tasks come with it?
 * What responsibilities come with it?
 * How is that done practically?
 * Do you think it's a good idea to have a newbie maintaining a project
   as deeply integrated into KDE as baloo?
 * What should be my general attitude towards that task?

Please give me your advice,

Michael