My first KDE4 to KF5 port has gone well and the app now compiles and runs
without any warning messages. :) However, I am now trying to improve some
things. I have a tool bar which is created by the XML support:

<Menu name="settings">
<MergeLocal name="show_toolbar_merge"/>
        <Action name="settings_main_toolbar" append="show_toolbar_merge"/>
        <Action name="settings_filter_toolbar" append="show_toolbar_merge"/>
<MergeLocal name="show_merge"/>
</Menu>
<ToolBar name="filterToolBar" orientation="bottom">
        <text>Filter Toolbar</text>
    <Action name="filter_icon"/>
    <Action name="filter_edit"/>
</ToolBar>

I want to add a short-cut to one of the tool bars but I don't have a QAction
for it. I tried listing the contents of actionCollection()->actions() but
neither of the tool bars appeared. How do I find the QAction?

Secondly I want to give a line-edit widget in one of the tool bars focus when
the bar becomes visible, so I tried:

connect( toolBar( fTB ), &KToolBar::visibilityChanged, this,
&KmTail::toolBarVisible );

There are no runtime warning messages but the slot is never driven. What am I
missing?

Thanks
Robin

believed to be clean.