Kubuntu 18.04 has now now been out for a month, so if there are no further objections, I'll begin preparations for this Plasma 4 mass bug close.

Nate

On 02/14/2018 10:16 AM, Christoph Feck wrote:
On 10.02.2018 21:24, Nate Graham wrote:
Hello folks,
We have more than 2,500 Plasma 4 bugzilla tickets that we don't intend
to look at or triage. We've already prevented new tickets from being
filed, but it doesn't do anyone any good to just have the old ones
sitting there. My sense is that most of the relevant bugs and wishlist
items are already represented in the plasmashell product, so what do you
think about doing a mass-close?

I was thinking of closing them all with one of the following two
messages (top one for bugs, bottom one for wishlist items). What do you
think?

Nate

For bugs:
=========

Hello!

This bug was filed for KDE Plasma 4, which reached end-of-support status
in October 2015. Developers have not been triaging Plasma 4 bugs since
that time. Happily, because KDE Plasma 5's desktop shell was been almost
completely rewritten for better performance and usability, it is likely
that this bug has already been resolved in Plasma 5. Additionally, bug
triaging resources are extremely limited; if you would like to get
involved in this effort, please see
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved#Bug_Triaging

Accordingly, and we hope you understand why we must close this bug. If
the issue described  here is still present in KDE Plasma 5.12 or later,
please feel free to open a new ticket in the "plasmashell" product after
reading https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/Bug_Reporting

Thanks for your understanding!

Nate Graham

For wishlist items:
===================

Hello!

This feature request was filed for KDE Plasma 4, which reached
end-of-support status in October 2015. Developers have not been triaging
Plasma 4 requests since that time. Happily, because KDE Plasma 5's
desktop shell was been almost completely rewritten, it is likely that
this feature request has already been implemented in Plasma 5, or is no
longer applicable. Additionally, bug triaging resources are extremely
limited; if you would like to get involved in this effort, please see
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved#Bug_Triaging

Accordingly, and we hope you understand why we must close this feature
request. If the requested feature is still not implemented in KDE Plasma
5.12 or later, please feel free to open a new ticket in the
"plasmashell" product after reading
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/Bug_Reporting

Thanks for your understanding!

Nate Graham

Hi Nate,

had that on my TODO list, but happy to see you taking over for this task.

I suggest to wait until Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is released, ideally a month longer to give people with LTS requirements time to update it.