On giovedì 27 settembre 2018 20:08:54 CEST, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
Hello,

Today I fixed the third or so crash in KDE software due to the following pattern:

const auto str = someString + anotherString;

What happens is that the type of str ends up being QStringBuilder instead of QString. The QStringBuilder is destroyed after the semicolon, and all access to "str" produces undefined behavior. While I'm not a particularly big fan of using auto to hide variable types anyway, this kind of usage is just wrong and must be avoided. Please take care.

Hi,

is it possible to fix Qt instead?

Cheers,
Andreas