Boudhayan Gupta ha scritto:
Hi Daniel,

On of our devs wrote an excellent guide on his blog that might help you out: https://vhanda.in/blog/2015/10/setting-up-a-kde-development-environment/

It should be more or less the same content of:
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development

We should not rely on blogs for official documentation.

That said:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 07:41, Daniel Wolf <djwolf1...@gmail.com <mailto:djwolf1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I recently took up a bug related to the "user-manager" program. After
    following the steps in the getting started guide, I was able to
    successfully compile and install the program. Running it was a different
    story, I hit a segmentation-fault error when trying to run the program
    through the konsole. After setting up QtCreator and trying to guess at the
    executable path, it tells me that the program quit unexpectedly. I'm
    trying to find a way around this so that I can resolve the bug. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to understand what's going on, you should get a stack trace:
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports

and specifically the "Retrieving a backtrace with GDB" section.

Ciao
--
Luigi