El dimarts, 4 de desembre de 2018, a les 20:13:43 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:22 AM Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > El dimarts, 4 de desembre de 2018, a les 18:10:44 CET, Thiago Macieira va
> > escriure:

> > > Which is exactly why 5.11.3 (released today) should be picked. It
> > > contains all
> > > fixes that 5.9.7 contains, whereas 5.10.1 does not. Moving from 5.9.7 to
> > > 5.10.1 means regressing all those fixes.
> >
> > It doesn't matter, apps need 5.10 to compile, so CI needs to use 5.10.
> >
> > Of course users should be using 5.11.3, but that's a different story.
>
> So you'd prefer we move to Qt 5.10 then, and then do another move to
> 5.11 when Frameworks moves it's bar up?

Personally, yes, it's much easier to detect apps requiring 5.11 API when they
don't pretend to (not sure there's much new api in 5.11 but anyhow). I mean in
an ideal world we'd compile each app with their required min Qt version to
detect those things, but since that's not possible with the current setup let's
settle for the smallest possible version.

And Frameworks requiring 5.11 is still kind of far no?

Cheers,
  Albert