On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 3:24 AM Pranam Lashkari <plashkari...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 4:43 PM Stefan Derkits <ste...@derkits.at> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can also write the full proposal and then find a mentor, maybe it's
>> easier that way around.
>>

> Surely, I'll look forward to it. Thank you for your help.

Hi Pranan, in KDE we work in teams, so please take this discussion to KDE
Games. That doesn't mean that your mentor *must* be part of the KDE Games
team, but you will need buy-in from the team, because the team as a whole
takes care of the whole suit of games. Needing a mentor isn't about how
good your coding skills are -- it's about who are the experts you might
need to consult about a particular  problem? How is your code fitting into
the team's coding style? Is the way you are managing your project on the
right track? Even expert coders do better with the feedback of the team and
particular experts.

Even our coding stars submit their patches and new bits of code for review,
and our codebase is the better for rigorous review.

Please embed yourself into the KDE Games team and start helping them with
fixing some bugs, triaging bug reports, or whatever else they might ask of
you. Those are the folks who will decide whether or not they want to work
with you, so work with them now.

All the best,

Valorie