On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 11:57:42AM +0800, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
> Hello KDE developers,
>
> If anyone is interested, here is a brief report on something I have been
> working on in my spare time.
>
> TLDR: Here are some scripts to build KDE frameworks and okular statically
> using gcc/musl and cross-building for mingw:
> https://github.com/jschultz/kde-static Look in the file patch-kde.sh to see
> the interesting stuff.

Jonathan,

This is really cool!

I agree that it would be good to start with frameworks-devel since I
think if we were to pick up some of this work at all, it would be best
for us to start with KF5 and ensure that we can get a "KF5 static"
version setup in our CI infrastructure before we'd start working on
adding support for static build to applications.

You're right that kdesrc-build doesn't support cross-build... at all.
I'm impressed you convinced stock kdesrc-build to make this work, even
with pre-built executables.

Have you looked into things like Snap or Flatpak at all as a way to ease
deployments? Or is this meant to be a bit more crossplatform (Linux,
macOS, Windows)?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne