Hi all, this was posted to a list I don't subscribe to, but Ralf is still
needing some co-mentors, so am copy/pasting:

Additional mentor for GSOC project searched
> Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
> Wed Apr 8 11:40:42 BST 2020
> Hi,
> for the appended GSOC project KDE organization wants to have additional
> mentors. The task is to be a backup for the main mentor.
>  From https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/:
> Mentor: Mentors are people from the community who volunteer to work with
> a student. Mentors provide guidance such as pointers to useful
> documentation, code reviews, etc. In addition to providing students with
> feedback and pointers, a mentor acts as an ambassador to help student
> contributors integrate into their project’s community. Some
> organizations choose to assign more than one mentor to each of their
> students. Many members of the community provide guidance to their
> project’s GSoC students without mentoring in an “official” capacity,
> much as they would answer anyone’s questions on the project’s mailing
> list or IRC channel.

This isn't quite correct. If you want to help out, please subscribe to
KDE-Soc-Mentor ML [1]

Then write to kde-soc-managem...@kde.org and ask to be invited to the GSoC
webapp. Accept the invitation to register as Ralf correctly says.

If anyone has interest, please register at the Google GSOC site
> (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/) as mentor and click on "Want to
> mentor" at
>
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/4610988642402304/proposal/6153080292245504/
> Regards
> Ralf

> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-finance-apps/attachments/20200408/001847f9/attachment-0001.pdf

Thank you! GSoC would like us to have *two* backup mentors per student this
year, given the tenuous health situation in the world right now.

Valorie