Hello,

I have recently made a plugin for dolphin to mount and unmount iso
files: https://invent.kde.org/sdk/dolphin-plugins/-/merge_requests/1

This plugin uses DBus calls to directly communicate with UDisks2 to
attach and detach a loop device backed by an iso file.
While writing the plugin, I used to Solid framework to do some hardware
query and realized that there was no concept of loop device in Solid.
I would like to know if there is interest to add a loop device interface
to Solid and the ability to attach and detach such device?

I'm starting to understand the architecture of Solid and I think I would
be able to add:

* an abstract Loop DeviceInterface
* a backend Loop DeviceInterface backed by UDisks2
* a frontend Loop DeviceInterface
* the ability for the DeviceManager to create a Loop DeviceInterface
(I'm not sure this is possible...)

However, I am not sure if this fit in the score of the Solid framework.

Thank you for your advice!

Kwon-Young Choi