Hi there,

I'm doing some development on Wayland, basically making something that's
like a clone of Workrave. You can see the prototype here:

https://github.com/j-n-f/norsi

It seems that the most popular Wayland protocol for detecting when a
user is "idle" is this protocol that is a part of KDE.

One limitation that I have with this protocol is that if the user stops
typing/mousing, but is watching a video or something, the video player
can send fake activity with the `simulate_user_activity` request.

My application is trying to track actual keyboard/mouse activity, and
this fake activity makes things difficult (even though it is an
effective way to prevent a lockscreen from triggering).

My initial thought is that this protocol could be modified so that the
timeout interface can be configured to track only particular kinds of
events (e.g. genuine activity, fake activity, or both, etc.). To do this
I would first need to discuss with whoever is currently maintaining this
protocol, as well as any major implementers of the protocol.

On the KDE side, I'm having a hard time finding the repository where
this protocol is maintained, so if anyone here could point me in the
right direction it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

- John