On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 5:12 PM Milian Wolff <m...@milianw.de> wrote:
> Without any knowledge of your work on the QML port of Spectacle, I would also
> claim that there is bound to be a lot of generic work that should be possible
> to land directly in the main branch, no? You are probably splitting up the
> data representation and UI layer, which can happen early. Then you add a
> second UI implementation in tandem to the widget one, which can be opt-in
> until it's ready. Once all is done, you can remove the old widget UI. There's
> no need to wait a long time for all of this to hit the main branch and work
> only in a feature branch, no?

The UI is already fairly well separated from the backend simply
because Spectacle already has a CLI. I simply went through a lot of
iterations over the past few months in collaboration with Marco while
trying to come up with the right UI/UX. The branch contains a lot of
new UI related code that uses Qt Quick/QML. It would be useful for me
to keep track of these changes so that if anything breaks in the
process, I can more easily figure out which change did it and ask
questions if I wasn't the one who made the change.