On Monday, October 30, 2023 11:43:47 AM CET Mattia Basaglia wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Matt,

> I'm the maintainer of Glaxnimate (https://glaxnimate.mattbas.org/) a
> vector graphics animation editor that has been integrated with kdenlive
> through the MLT framework. I've been having talks with some of the
> kdenlive devs and we came to the conclusion that it would be helpful to
> bring Glaxnimate into KDE.
>
> With the help of jk from kdenlive, we've made the code reuse compliant,
> and added some craft jobs to the CI.
>
> I would need some guidance on how to push this further.

First thing first, make sure you have read https://manifesto.kde.org/
commitments/ and https://manifesto.kde.org/benefits/

Then you need to find a sponsor and this mailing list is indeed the right place
to do that. I think someone from the Kdenlive team with whom you already
interacted (e.g. jk) would be the best for this task. In none of them has the
time, I can probably also help.

Then create a sysadmin request to move your repo to the KDE infrastructure:
https://phabricator.kde.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/2/

And ask to get a KDE developer account in https://identity.kde.org  so you can
keep your git write access to your project ;)

Cheers,
Carl