On Monday 23 September 2013 09:33:54 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Monday 23 September 2013 09:06:33 John Layt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am extremely relived to announce that QTimeZone finally got merged
> > late late last night, thanks to the efforts of Thiago in fighting the
> > CI system :-)  Combined with other changes in QDateTime, this should
> > mean we're free of KDateTime and KTimeZone, albeit with a few caveats.
> >
> >  I'll be doing a lightning talk at Qt Dev Days on the topic, so I'll
> >
> > be documenting all the gotcha's people will need to look out for soon.
> >
> > Thanks also to the work from Martin and Rohan, all the necessary CUPS
> > features have been merged into Qt 5.2, and a huge thanks to Alex for
> > taking on QCollator and getting it in.  I owe you all a beer or three
> > next time I see you :-)
> >
> > I was less successful on the QLocale front, unfortunately there was
> > too much resistance from Windows devs to using ICU everywhere, so that
> > plan has been shelved and we've moved on to Plan C for 5.3.  I'll be
> > working through what that means for us soon, but I don't see any
> > immediate problems for us in still switching to QLocale.
>
> Yay!
>
> OK, let's attempt to move KLocale, KDateTime and friends to kde4support now.
> With some luck we'll be able to completely get rid of KDE4Attic before
> release.

Hmm, looking at that closer... indeed it looks like we can get rid of
K*TimeZone in favor of QTimeZone. But what would you advise for porting away
from KCalendarSystem and KLocalizedDate?

Alternatives for those would be needed to move the date/time widgets currently
stuck in KDE4Attic to a more proper framework.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net