On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Aurélien Gâteau <agat...@kde.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:55:42 +0100, Kevin Ottens wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 14 November 2013 18:40:04 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like we have an agreement then. Let me recap:
>>>
>>> # Installation dir
>>>
>>> All header files are installed in $PREFIX/include/KF5/$Framework.
>>> This includes 'k' prefixed headers like kfoo and KFoo,
>>>

>> I assume you meant kfoo.h here.
>>
>>  non-prefixed headers such as bar.h and Bar, as well as special headers
>>> such as ${framework}_export.h and ${framework}_version.h.
>>>
>>> # Include path
>>>
>>> For 'k' prefixed headers, include path is
>>> $PREFIX/include/KF5/$Framework.
>>>
>>> For non-prefixed headers, include path is $PREFIX/include/KF5.
>>>
>>> Is this correct?
>>>

>> Looks correct to me.
>>

> David pointed out on IRC this scheme would need a significant change for
> frameworks like KIO or Solid: includes to <kio/foo.h> would need to be
> changed to <KIO/foo.h>, same with <solid/*> includes. Are you fine with
> this?
>

> Aurélien

I think that we're making this too complex. I'd say that it should always
be prefixed, then the module can decide to export the module directory as
well.
Not mixing headers from different frameworks in a same directory sounds
like a good feature as well.

Also I'd say that clearly there's a differentiation between camelcase and
lowercase. IMHO:
good:
#include <kio/job.h>
#include <Solid/Device>

weird:
#include <Solid/device.h>

Aleix

PS: I would stop adding even more things to kde4support if it's not
extremely needed, it's crowded already.