On Monday 02 December 2013 22:31:43 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> porting KSaveFile to QSaveFile, I stumbled into the following:
>
> // This method has been made private so that it cannot be called,
> // in order to prevent mistakes.
> void QSaveFile::close()
> {
>     qFatal("QSaveFile::close called");
> }
>
> In Kate, we use a QSaveFile saveFile(...); and then use
>
>   KCompressionDevice compDevice(&saveFile, ...);
>
> to write compressed data through compDevice into saveFile.
>
> However, KCompressionDevice at some point always seems to call close(),
> which hits the qFatal().
>
> Should I derive from QSaveFile and overwrite close() to call commit() ?
> Am I missing something here?

I just added a unittest in kdelibs-frameworks's kfiltertest, and it works for
me.
Can you check 1) that it works for you, 2) what your code does differently
from the unittest ? And then change the unittest to show the problem, so I can
look into it.

Thanks!

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr