On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM, David Faure <fa...@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 December 2013 21:40:48 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> common
> > >
> > > In case anyone wonders, here's the full list of frameworks:
> > >
> > > apidox                kauth        kconfigwidgets  kded
>  kf5umbrella
> > > kiconthemes    kjs             kparts       ktextwidgets     sonnet
> > > dnssd                 kbookmarks   kcoreaddons     kdesu
> > > kfileaudiopreview  kidletime      kjsembed        kplotting
> > >  kunitconversion threadweaver
> > > frameworkintegration  kcmutils     kcrash          kdewebkit
> > > kglobalaccel
> > > kimageformats  kmediaplayer    kprintutils  kwallet          xmlgui
> > > itemmodels            kcodecs      kdbusaddons     kdewidgets
>  kguiaddons
> > > kinit          knewstuff       kpty         kwidgetsaddons
> > > itemviews             kcompletion  kde4support     kdoctools   khtml
> > > kio            knotifications  kross        kwindowsystem
> > > karchive              kconfig      kdeclarative    kemoticons  ki18n
> > > kjobwidgets    knotifyconfig   kservice     solid
>
> Did we really mean for apidox to be a framework?
>
> Other than that, it's not too bad, is it?

> Only very few don't start with a k, and those who don't, map to the actual
> brand name of the framework (ThreadWeaver, Sollid).

Other than apidox, I was also concerned about frameworkintegration,
itemmodels, itemviews and dnssd. The rest of the names are quite
descriptive as to what they contain and are fine.

It isn't the lack of starting with a k which bothers me - but more the
claim to a generic name. KPty, KArchive, KConfig all stand on their own -
itemmodels doesn't really...

kde4support is also problematic as it is very similar to kdesupport and
could become confused with it. kf5umbrella also seemed a little odd...

> > > We should probably merge these two repos together....
> >
> > I see. The current KWallet repository exists as part of kdeutils, so that
> > will be a little difficult in the interim.
>
> Can someone else help with that? I think this requires clever usage of git
> filter-branch, which I don't know anything about.

> > > What's the plan? Shall I include support for fixing that in the
> splitting
> > > script, and we re-run it for these?
> >
> > That would be a good idea, alternately one could fix it in commits made
> > kdelibs prior to the split. Either would work I imagine, depends on what
> > makes it easier for the Git graft I guess.
>
> Ah, that means re-splitting everything, so it conflicts with the last
> issue in
> this email (pushing onto the existing repos). OK, let's fix one thing at a
> time then.
>
> Do you have the error messages for these 3 repos? Or how can I find out
> where
> the EOL problems are? (`file` doesn't help much with C++ code).
>
> Is it missing EOL at EOF, or CRLF/LF mixup? I assumed the latter but
> flip -u **/*.cpp **/*.h doesn't make any changes...

It was a CRLF/LF issue - the hooks don't check for EOL at EOF.
Output is at http://pastebin.kde.org/ppl8uu2bt

> > > It didn't. Can I run it and push to the frameworks repos?
> >
> > I've granted you force push powers to the frameworks repos. The commit
> > notification hooks should still be off for them.
>
> Thanks, I'll do that later then, after the re-splitting.

Oki.

> --
> David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE, in particular KDE Frameworks 5

Thanks,
Ben