On Sunday 19 January 2014 20:56:23 David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 19 January 2014 20:44:48 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > What about KCRASH_NO_CRASH_HANDLER ? It's long but it makes it at least
> > descriptive.
>
> Except that it's not technically correct, a crash handler (= a function
> called upon crashing) is still called, to handle autorestart functionality
> (when enabled by the app) and to print out some information (app foo is
> crashing). Or if the app installs a custom crash handler, it will be
> called.
> The only thing that this disables is drkonqi -- the command-line option has
> always been misnamed, although not as much as the env var :)
>
> KCRASH_DISABLE_DRKONQI is probably the only strictly-correct name.
>
> Anyhow, naming is the easy part.... on to actually implementing it...

Done:

commit 6f0059cd976bbd2968eb8d903e797fdcfb23d3af
Author: David Faure <fa...@kde.org>
Date:   Tue Jan 21 22:52:00 2014 +0100

    Replace --nocrashhandler with KCRASH_AUTO_RESTARTED=1 in the kcrash code.

    This is how we internally detect that we are being restarted after a crash
    and therefore we must
    1) disable drkonqi
    2) delay the crashhandler, to avoid infinite respawning in case the app
crashes on startup

    For users, KDE_DEBUG=1 remains the way to disable drkonqi. No cmdline arg
anymore.

--
David Faure, fa...@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr